Working at Celyad Oncology
Developing innovative cell therapies against cancer
Celyad Oncology unites people who are constantly pushing back the limits of science, technology, and medicine to deliver therapies to cancer patients with unmet medical needs.
Eliminate Cancer. Improve Life.
Our teams are collaborating towards ambitious and innovative cell therapy programs and fundamental scientific and clinical developments
R&D | Mont-Saint-Guibert (BE)
Role & Responsibilities
Role:The R&D Scientist is member of the R&D Department reporting to the R&D Director. He/She designs, plans, performs and oversees research studies assigned to him/her. The R&D Scientist is responsible of the accurate data analysis, proper reporting of scientific results and effective communication within the R&D department. He/she participates in the scientific guidance of the technician(s) involved in his/her studies.
- Design, plan, perform and oversee research studies in accordance with the R&D objectives.
- Present scientific data within the R&D department and contribute to the communication of scientific data between departments.
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting including scientific report drafting and reviewing.
- Participate in and be fully cognizant of practical laboratory work.
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the technician(s) assigned to his/her studies.
- Be proactive at resolving technical hurdles associated with his/her studies.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest scientific progress and technologies within the Company scientific field of research.
- Ensure compliance of his/her research studies with internal guidelines in regard to data traceability, laboratory ethics and SOPs.
- Be aware of regulatory recommendations related to his/her work.
- Contribute to appropriate training of new members.
- Participate to and present scientific results on international scientific conferences.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in biological sciences with emphasis on immunology, cellular or molecular biology.
- Post-doctoral experience or relevant experience in research within a Biotech/Pharma company is a plus.
- Molecular biology experience including cloning, gene expression (e.g. polymerase chain reaction, immunoblotting), gene transfer (e.g. retrovirus, lentivirus), gene editing, and / or exploitation of next generation sequencing (e.g. RNA sequencing) is a plus.
- Expertise in immunology including primary cell culture and immunological assays (e.g. cytokine release assay, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity, proliferation assay) is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience with scientific presentations.
- Fluency in English, orally and in writing; working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Strong ability to work in team focused upon delivery of results that support the Company’s objectives
- Result-driven and committed to achieve challenging objectives
- Scientific writing and presentation skills
- Problem solving, proactive
- Good planning & organizational skills
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Quality mindset
- Integrity & Trust
WHY DID THEY JOIN CELYAD ONCOLOGY?
“I have always been impressed by Celyad's cutting edge technology and ambition
to find novel therapies for people with cancer. I followed the Company for many years before joining, and even more so from the moment the Company was listed on Euronext in 2013 and then on Nasdaq in 2015. This double listing was unique in Wallonia and I always thought that working in such a dynamic financial environment would be very exciting. We, the Finance Team, are responsible for managing all the financial operations of the business, and also for providing complete regulated financial information to our shareholders and new potential investors.”
David Georges – Senior Director, Finance
Joined Celyad Oncology in 2019
WHY DID THEY JOIN CELYAD ONCOLOGY?
“Since childhood, I have been fascinated by the immune system
and methods aimed at reinforcing to better fight diseases. I am very glad to work at Celyad Oncology and be part of the journey towards providing cancer therapies based on immune cells that could have a real impact on patient’s lives. The role of the program team is to coordinate all efforts made by the different departments to achieve this ultimate goal through planning, decision-making processes and cross-functional strategic discussions. Our aim as a team is to propose a whole portfolio of products that could eventually benefit a large patient population.”
Caroline Lonez – Senior Program Lead
Joined Celyad Oncology in 2016
Send us a message
We're always on the lookout for top talent. Send us your application by e-mail at email@example.com and we will get back to you when something opens up.