Role & Responsibilities
The R&D Scientist is member of the R&D Department reporting to the R&D Director. He/She designs, plans, performs and oversees research studies assigned to him/her. The R&D Scientist is responsible of the accurate data analysis, proper reporting of scientific results and effective communication within the R&D department. He/she participates in the scientific guidance of the technician(s) involved in his/her studies.
- Design, plan, perform and oversee research studies in accordance with the R&D objectives.
- Present scientific data within the R&D department and contribute to the communication of scientific data between departments.
- Ensure accurate internal data reporting including scientific report drafting and reviewing.
- Participate in and be fully cognizant of practical laboratory work.
- Provide scientific background and feedback on results to the technician(s) assigned to his/her studies.
- Be proactive at resolving technical hurdles associated with his/her studies.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest scientific progress and technologies within the Company scientific field of research.
- Ensure compliance of his/her research studies with internal guidelines in regard to data traceability, laboratory ethics and SOPs.
- Be aware of regulatory recommendations related to his/her work.
- Contribute to appropriate training of new members.
- Participate to and present scientific results on international scientific conferences.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in biological sciences with emphasis on immunology, cellular or molecular biology.
- Post-doctoral experience or relevant experience in research within a Biotech/Pharma company is a plus.
- Molecular biology experience including cloning, gene expression (e.g. polymerase chain reaction, immunoblotting), gene transfer (e.g. retrovirus, lentivirus), gene editing, and / or exploitation of next generation sequencing (e.g. RNA sequencing) is a plus.
- Expertise in immunology including primary cell culture and immunological assays (e.g. cytokine release assay, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity, proliferation assay) is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience with scientific presentations.
- Fluency in English, orally and in writing; working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Strong ability to work in team focused upon delivery of results that support the Company’s objectives
- Result-driven and committed to achieve challenging objectives
- Scientific writing and presentation skills
- Problem solving, proactive
- Good planning & organizational skills
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Quality mindset
- Integrity & Trust